Traveling alone has it´s pros and cons, that´s for sure. I mean, it´s a wounderful feeling to do whatever you want and when you want without having someone to look after but of course it is a little bit boring to explore the world alone without having someone to share all the amazing experiences with.
CONS OF TRAVELING SOLO
I´ve been traveling solo as long as I can remember. Partly from the time when I used to work as a Flight Attendant but also when I moved aborad alone. First time I moved to Shanghai for 6 months and then I moved to Doha for several years and the last years I´ve almost been traveling by myself. Nowadays I frequently get the question “What are the cons about traveling solo”?
Below is an honest list of the cons on how I experience it to traveling solo. We are all different and we all like different things but this list is from my own experiences when I been traveling solo.
10 Cons of Traveling Solo:
- You have no one to share you expreiences with.
- You take care of everything yourself, such as booking your flighttickets, hotels, trips, etc – no one to allocate responsibility with.
- You will almost eat all your meals by your own, which have been a challenge for me to sit by myself on a restaurant and having dinner – hence today I don´t feel that at all, I got used to it now.
- You are a easy target to all beach vendors, hence they ”think” you are alone and want someone to talk to so they can sell whatever they want to sell to you. It´s easier to talk to someone who seems to be alone.
- You have to pay for everything yourself, for example hotels.
- You don´t have anyone to discuss how the day or the travel should be made
- You don´t have anyone that can help you remember things or something you maybe have forgotten.
- You need to keep an eye of all your stuff all the time. You don´t have anyone that can help you watch your things, if you for example want to take a swim in the ocean.
- You dont´have anyone to help you if you are getting sick or need a doctor, for example if you break your leg.
- You don´t have anyone that can help you slow down with your plans, thoughts or acitivites so your trip won´t be to stressed instead of relaxing.
I´m a person who can easily be very stressed on my trips, hence I want to explore as much as I can. There is things and stuff I just have to check off from my list I have. That´s why I actually should need a travel partner that sometimes pulls the break and calms me down, that would be very healthy for me.
I´m a person that need to ”do as much as I can” because in my world it´s possible, it´s all about planning. Well, it can lead to that I´m not enjoying my trip as much as I would do if I just take it slowly, but the thing is that I enjoy it as much as someone else, but in my way.
With that said, I like to travel solo but sometimes I need someone that calms me down and make me take things more easily so I can relax and ejoy the moments that are given me.
About Traveling Solo:
Traveling solo is actually really funny and amazing, everybody should do it once in your life at least! Do you want to read more posts about how it is to traveling solo or WHY you should do it, you should read this posts:
- My 10 best Pros of traveling solo.
- Why you should travel solo.
- How you dare traveling solo – a step by step guide.