Traveling alone has it´s pros and cons, that´s for sure. I mean, it´s a wounderful feeling to do whatever you want and when you want without having someone to look after but of course it is a little bit boring to explore the world alone without having someone to share all the eperiences with.
PROS OF TRAVELING SOLO
I´ve been traveling solo as long as I can remember. Partly from the time when I used to work as a Flight Attendant but also when I moved aborad alone. First time I moved to Shanghai for 6 months and then few years later I moved to Doha for several years and the last years I´ve almost been traveling by myself. Even before I started Readyfortakeoff I used to traveling solo and it was one of the many reasons why I started Readyfortakeoff as a Travel Blog 🙂
Below is an honest and pros and cons- list on how I experience traveling solo. We are all different and we all like different things but this list is from my own experiences when I been traveling solo.
10 Benefits of Traveling Solo:
- You are only taking care of yourself. You eat, sleep, and do whatever you want whenever you want.
- You take care of yourself to 100%.
- You don´t have to adapt to anyone else.
- You do things in your pace.
- You meet people you otherwise wouldn´t meet.
- People are more friendly and nicer than I ever thought.
- You become more interesting to other people when you are alone, for example the waitress would like to take extra care of you.
- Your self- esteem and self- confidence will grow.
- You will get new friends from all around the world.
- You will learn to socialize with yourself.
It´s not dangerous to be alone, sometimes just very healthy!
About Traveling Solo:
Traveling solo is really funny and amazing, everybody should do it once in your life at least! Do you want to read more posts about how it is to traveling solo or WHY you should do it, you should read this posts:
- My 10 Cons of traveling solo.
- Why you should travel solo.
- How you dare traveling solo – a step by step guide.
Göteborgsposten – a Swedish newspaper did an interview with me regarding traveling solo. If you want to read it you find the article here.