Flying with Ving or TUI – Which Charter Travel Agency is the Best?
As a frequent traveler, I have for the first time in my life, flying with two of Sweden’s biggest charter travel agencies, Ving and TUI. Traveling charter is something new to me and it gave me some new experiences I never experienced before. Which airline did I think was the best one and which travel agency did I like most? In this post I will explain my view of it and also tell you if I want to travel with any of these travel agencies again.
Flying towards new adventures is an experience with everything from check in to your final destination. It is the whole experience that counts, not only your final destination according to me. That’s why I like to evaluate the airlines I’m flying with, which you can read more about here.
Flying with Ving or TUI – Which Charter Travel Agency is the Best?
In this blog post I gonna compare how it is to fly with Ving and how it is to fly with TUI that is two of Sweden’s biggest travel agencies. Please note that I only bought a seat-ticket with Ving, from Stockholm to Cancun and back. Same with TUI, I also only bought a seat-ticket with them going and coming back to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. I didn’t by a package, only the seat!
The aircraft type
I like to know which aircraft type I’m flying with, so I always write a lot of flight reviews from the airlines, which you can read here if you want.
- With Ving, I flew with Thomas Cook Airlines in a very nice and fresh Airbus 330-200 that has the seat configuration 2-4-2. The last 4 rows had the configuration 2-3-2 instead in Economy Class.
- It was a big and fresh cabin.
- With TUI, I flew with TUI Airways on a Boeing 767-300, which has the seat configuration 2 -4 -2 at all rows in Economy Class.
- The aircraft feels very old comparing to Thomas Cook Airbus I flew with. It was also a bit smaller and crowded in the cabin and not so fresh unfortunately.
- The entertainment system is very old and not that nice.
- There is only one round of drinks, where you can buy drinks before and to your food. After that, food is served with coffee and tea. Before landing, a lighter cold meal is also served.
There is only one round of drinks, where you can buy drinks before and to your food. After that, food is served with coffee and tea. Before landing, a lighter cold meal is also served.
- Thomas Cook Airlines has surprisingly comfortable seats that I really enjoyed during my 11 hours flight. So good that I didn’t have to fall down the back of the chair at all, because it was so comfortable, something I’m surprised over! 🙂
- The seats were made of fabric which made it comfortable.
- Difficult to find the flap to fall down the back of the chair.
- TUI Airways had also quite good seats. I’ve been in worse seats for an 11 hour flight.
- The seats in their Boeing 767 are in leather.
- The button to fold down the seat back with is easily accessible and you find it in the armrest.
- The staff are very happy, nice and meet all passengers with a smile. Very helpful crew! You could tell that they like their job and having fun together. That’s what I like to see!
- Unfortunately, some tired staff who didn’t give a positive or happy impression at all. I barely got a ”Hello” and no welcome on board, which is a bit sad I think. I didn’t get the impression that the staff are having fun together either. They simply seem a little tired of their job to be honest. Even if that’s not the case, that’s the impression I got during the flight.
- There are toilets both at the rear of the aircraft (2 pcs) but also in the middle of the Economy Class. There’s a stairway down where there are 4 more toilets. Very practical of them having so many toilets one step down!
- There are only 2 toilets throughout the whole economy class and they are located in the middle of the cabin.
- Colorful and stylish uniform in black and yellow color. It looks very stylish.
- The women wear a scarf which gives an even more beautiful impression! I liked it a lot! 🙂
- The uniforms of TUI’s cabin crew are blue in different shades and but looks quite boring. They feel a little old and “washed out” and in my opinion, the uniform have seen better days.
- The female cabin crew are wearing a blue hat to their uniform which looks really nice! I liked it a lot! 🙂
- I was surprised that the food was included in the flightticket. It was nothing I paid extra for. The food was quite ok and it made my experience with Ving even more positive!
- I was surprised that the food was really good! I didn’t count on that at all, even though I paid 249 SEK extra (25 Euro).
What is included?
- Your meal on board.
- Pillow, blanket and Amenity Kit consist of toothbrush, toothpaste, socks, eyeshadow and earplugs.
- Free access to the entertainment system
- Pillow and a blanket.
What is not included?
- Checked baggage costs 300 SEK extra for going and coming back (30 Euro).
- They say you have to buy headphones for 50 SEK (5 Euro) to access the entertainment system, but you can watch and listen with regular iphone headphones.
- Checked baggage costs 600 SEK extra for going and coming back-(60 Euro).
- The food that costs at least 249 SEK in total.
- You have to pay for the entertainment system, which cost 70 SEK / seat (7 Euro). No, you can’t plug in your own iphone headphones unfortunately.
- I could plug in my own headphones and gain access to the entertainment system. I could watch movies and listen to music without paying for any headphones.
- The food was included in the flight price. If you want special food, that costs extra.
- USB socket on your screen.
- Their Airbus 330 is of a newer model and have very nice atmosphere to stay in for 11 hours.
- The button to fold down the seat back was easy to find.
- Comfortable seats.
- The food with TUI was really good!
- Difficult to find the flap to fall down the back of the chair. It is very hidden under the seat.
- Checked baggage costs 300 SEK extra (30 Euro).
- The entertainment system is not included. You can not even listen to music with your own headphones. The staff must personally, with a card set up your screen at your specific seat to gain access to the entertainment system.
- The food costs 249 SEK in total (25 Euro) and must be booked at the same time when you book your trip, otherwise you will not receive food on board an 11 hours flight.
- No USB socket on your screen.
- Their Boeing 767 is an old model and therefore it was not that nice to fly with them for 11 hours.
- Checked baggage costs 600 SEK extra (60 Euro).
Which airline do I prefer?
Both Ving and TUI are good travel agencies to fly with, that’s for sure. Because we all have different preferences and like different things when traveling, this is my personal evaluation and nothing that means that your experience will be the same.
Personally, I had a better experience when I flew with Ving in every possible way. It’s so much more than just a trip, it’s the whole experience that counts for me. For me, my journey begins already when I enter the airport, and the treatment and service are an important part of my trip.
Traveling charter is unfortunately not my thing at all. However, charter travel agencies have destinations I want to travel to, and with direct flights! To find a trip for 1998 SEK (199 Euro) for a flight seat, a direct flight with TUI from Stockholm to Dominican Republic are too good not to book. Since I have my own company I can decide when I want to travel and for how long, so this is a good offer that I couldn’t resist. 🙂
Which charter travel agency do you prefer? Anyone you can recommend to me besides these two? 🙂