Tips For Restaurants in Algarve, Portugal
The Algarve coast is partly long but also has lots of nice restaurants to visit. I mean a lot of restaurants with good food and nice views! I get more and more in love with the Algarve coast every time I get there and in this blog post I share with you so far my favorite restaurants I’ve eaten at and which I hope can help you in choosing a restaurant when visiting the Algarve coast in Portugal.
I have also written some travel tips and attractions to see in the Algarve that you will find here.
My restaurant tips for you who are in Algarve, Portugal
Quinta do Lago
- The Cheeky pup restaurant and bar for lunch, dinner or why not just have a drink in the bar in the evening and hang out in the really cozy environment and enjoy the atmosphere sitting either in the bar or in one of nice armchairs outdoors! 🙂 Superb place!
- Pine Cliffs hotel is a luxurious hotel located in Albufeira which has a really cozy outdoor restaurant located by their pool area. Come here for lunch and then head down to the sea by the elevator which is built into a cliff to get down to the water. Then follow the wooden stairs that will take you to their Beach Club Maré located in the middle of the beach or why not stop at their champagne bar located on the cliff, right next to the elevator and get a magical view with a glass of champagne in your hand. This is my favorite place!
- Akvavit restaurant is a perfect dinner restaurant for those who like seafood from the Mediterranean, European, Portuguese, Swedish, Scandinavian. Good for vegetarians, and they have vegan options as well as gluten free options. Great restaurant that is running by and now also owned by Swedes! 🙂
- Rare Steakhouse is a very nice meat restaurant located in the Marina in Vilamoura. If you come here, sit opposite the kitchen on high chairs and watch as the chefs cook the food. I love stuff like that!
- Peppers steakhouse is located in the Tivoli hotel, located in Vilamoura Marina and is also a nice meat restaurant. If you can, sit outside on their terrace and look out over the entire marina.
- Julius restaurant and wine bar is a cozy little diner hidden in a cozy alley. A bit hidden, at the back of Punters Irish Pub in the Marina, is where you will find this restaurant. Arrive in time to get a table if you haven’t booked.
- Purobeach Vilamoura is the perfect lunch spot in the middle of the beach if you don’t choose to spend the whole day here, which I can also recommend!
Vale Do Lobo, Almancil
- Julias restaurant in Vale do Lobo is one of my absolute favorite restaurants in the Algarve. Perfect for either lunch or dinner but especially come here and hang out at the beach bar if you don’t want to eat anything. It is located below the restaurant itself right on the beach. Really lovely atmosphere here!
- Izzys restaurant and the beach bar is opposite Julia’s restaurants, just 10 meters away. Is it full on Julias I would go here to Izzy’s restaurant which is also at least as good!
- Maria’s Restaurant & Beach is a really nice place to have lunch at. I love this place, which is in the middle of the beach and has cozy decor and lovely atmosphere. They have seafood mainly but also other things. Located on Garrão beach between Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo.
- Sandbanks restaurant in Vale do Lobo is a really atmospheric and incredibly cozy restaurant located on the beach with sea view. This is also a seafood restaurant and perfect for lunch!
The Praça is a small cozy and wonderful square with 10 restaurants, sports and beach activities and beach clubs. Don’t miss going here while in the Algarve. I really fell in love with this little area located right on the beach and the water in Vale Do Lobo. This is where you will find Sandbank’s restaurant! 🙂
When in Quarteira you see a mile long sandy beach with walking paths along the beach. Here you will find lots of restaurants, hotels, cafes and bars both on the promenade itself but also small bars on the beach. Come here for lunch, stroll among the palm trees and then have a drink at one of the bars on the beach 🙂 Perfect arrangement!
These are some of my favorite restaurants in the Algarve so I hope these restaurant tips can help you when you don’t know where to eat lunch or dinner in the Algarve cost in Portugal! 🙂